Our Review Porcess
Steps in our review process
1. Our CDs were reviewed by child psychologists who make personalized recordings for children at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in Boston.
These doctors helped us tailor our narratives to use clinically-proven, age-appropriate techniques that are ‘ hospital friendly’. (As many of you know, children tend to be more sensitive to certain imagery when they are sick or in medical settings. For example, describing something as ‘red like an apple’ is not appropriate for a child who may be nauseous from chemotherapy.)
2. After meeting with these doctors, we rewrote the scripts to make the recordings more age appropriate and appropriate for hospital use.
3. After the completion of our initial design, our CDs were reviewed by Dr. Dan Kohen and his associate.
Dr. Kohen has conducted extensive research in this field and is the award-winning author of over 50 articles in this field, and the co-author of the textbook (Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy with Children) that some of you may have used in medical school.
4. We re-wrote and re-recorded our products.
5. Dr Kohen and his associates reviewed our products again… and gave us his seal of approval!